Monday, January 23, 2012

Everything you need to know about me!

When I was a little girl, I always cared more about how my Barbie dolls were put away than how they looked while lunching with Ken. And I always did well in school, but seemed to pay more attention to my color-coded binder dividers than the actual curriculum itself.
For whatever reason, organizing is in my blood. It’s one of the main passions I’ve carried with me throughout all stages of my life.
With so many things out of our control in this world, why not get a handle on as much as we can, right?
Currently, I am a 20-something newlywed with a baby girl on the way. It’s a thrilling time for us, to say the least! I work as a newspaper editor in California’s Central Valley, where I am lucky to enjoy excellent flexibility with my job, allowing me to spend lots of time with the ones I love.
While my day job is fulfilling in many ways, nothing can compare to the sense of purpose I’ve found as a wife and (soon-to-be) mom. There’s nothing as gratifying as giving love unconditionally and getting it back unconditionally, which is what family is all about anyway.
Of course, we all know that actions speak louder than words. One of the most impactful ways to show your family love is to create a functional, livable home that is not only comfortable but beautiful. This goes hand-in-hand with living a clutter-free, organized lifestyle. It all starts at home!
I created this blog as a way to share my little victories around the house, along with my thoughts on marriage, mommyhood and everything in between. I’m no expert in anything (except maybe spelling and grammar, but don’t hold me to it 100 percent of the time!), but I love doing what makes me happy.
Speaking of what makes me happy, here are some photos of the people who do just that.

This is me and my husband Todd on our wedding day in 2010.

Here is my family (my parents and my sister) during Christmas 2011, when I was about 28 weeks pregnant. They're very silly, as you can see from the outfits and accessories.

And last but certainly not least, the only one who has already stolen just my heart just as much – if not more – than my hubby, our baby girl Addison Grace :)


So ... now that you’ve met me, get to know my website!
I look forward to posting at least one update per week, and sharing the continual progress I make on my home. This is going to be a learning and growing experience for both of us, and I’m so glad you dropped by to take part in it with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment